This topic was published by DevynCJohnson and viewed 1517 times since "". The last page revision was "".
- Topics - 443
eCos (embedded configurable operating system) is a GNU real-time operating system intended for embedded devices. The operating system can be compiled for many architectures and processors. The OS can run on as little as two megabytes of memory. eCos is neither Unix or Unix-like. However, eCos does support the POSIX API in addition to the µITRON API.
eCos is licensed under the eCos License which is the GPL license with linking exceptions.
eCos uses the RedBoot bootloader which is also open-source.
eCos uses its own kernel called the eCos kernel. This operating system does not use GNU Hurd or Linux. The eCos kernel supports three schedulers - bitmap scheduler, multi-level queue scheduler, and the lottery scheduler.
- Official Website - http://ecos.sourceware.org/
- Download - http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/getstart.html
- eCos Kernel - http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/kernel.html
- RedBoot - http://ecos.sourceware.org/redboot/
- RedBoot User Guide - http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/redboot-guide.html