This topic was published by DevynCJohnson and viewed 1892 times since "". The last page revision was "".
- Topics - 437
ChibiOS/RT (or ChibiOS) is a real-time operating system (RTOS) that is free and open-source. This system is a great alternative to FreeRTOS and proprietary real-time operating systems for ARM systems. ChibiOS is licensed under the GPL license.
ChibiOS uses a fast and lightweight microkernel. The system is neither Unix or POSIX. ChibiOS supports many platforms and can run on low-resource embedded systems. ChibiOS also supports many types of ports such as USB, SPI, I2C, and more.
ChibiOS supports touchscreens and can have a GUI thanks to µGFX. ChibiOS/GFX refers to the ChibiOS operating system with µGFX installed or included.
ChibiOS/RT is the standard OS while ChibiOS/NIL is a smaller and more lightweight alternative. ChibiOS/HAL is the ChibiOS used as a Hardware Abstraction Layer. All three forms of ChibiOS use the same code base, but they are compiled with different features and abilities.
ChibiStudio is the ChibiOS SDK.
- Homepage - http://www.chibios.org/
- Embedded GUI - https://ugfx.io/
- Contiki - http://dcjtech.info/topic/contiki/
- DexOS - http://dcjtech.info/topic/dexos/
- FreeRTOS - http://dcjtech.info/topic/freertos-safertos-and-family/
- GNU eCos - http://dcjtech.info/topic/gnu-ecos/
- GNU-Hurd - http://dcjtech.info/topic/intro-to-gnu-hurd/
- Inferno - http://dcjtech.info/topic/inferno/