This topic was published by DevynCJohnson and viewed 2420 times since "". The last page revision was "".
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
- Topics - 444
- Minetest (http://www.minetest.net/ || http://www.minetest.com/ [unofficial]) - Minetest is a great open source alternative to Minecraft. The game looks like Minecraft, and they are nearly the same. Some differences are seen in the mobs (bad-guys), lack of villagers, and a lack of the Nether. Also, Minetest supports mods written in Lua.
- Freeminer (http://freeminer.org/) - Freeminer is a close fork of Minetest. In general, choose Minetest since it has more developers and support.
- Infiniminer (http://thesiteformerlyknownas.zachtronicsindustries.com/?p=713 || http://www.zachtronics.com/infiniminer/) - Infiniminer is the game that inspired Minecraft.
- Blockland (http://www.blockland.us/) - If the Lego universe fell in the Minecraft universe, then you get Blockland. Blockland is a Lego-like Minecraft game. This game works on Windows, OS X, and Steam.
- Blockstory (http://www.blockstory.net/) - Blockstory is different in the fact that it has a story-line. While Minecraft and others allow the players to build and play however they wish, Blockstory has a story-line. This game works on Famigo, Android, iPhone, OS X, and Windows.
- Eden (http://edengame.net/) - Eden is a Minecraft alternative specifically for iOS (like the iPhone and iPad).
- Exploration Lite (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.explorationbase.ExplorationLite) - This is a free edition of Exploration which is an Android voxel world game.
- Exploration (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.explorationbase.Exploration) - This is a paid version of Exploration Lite. When upgrading from Exploration Lite to Exploration, the worlds are not transferred.
- FortressCraft (http://www.fortresscraft.com/) - FortressCraft is considered a great alternative to Total Miner for the Xbox. Also, this game works on the Windows version of Steam.
- Gnomescroll (http://gnomescroll.com/ || https://github.com/Gnomescroll/Gnomescroll) - Gnomescroll is like Minecraft, but the environments are bizarre.
- Manic Digger (http://manicdigger.sourceforge.net) - Manic Digger is an open source alternative to Minecraft that also functions as a first-person shooter style game.
- MultiCraft (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MoNTE48.MultiCraft&hl=en || https://github.com/MoNTE48/MultiCraft) - This is an Android alternative to Minetest. Specifically, this is a fork of Minetest. Therefore, the game is open-source.
- MultiCraft II (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MoNTE48.MultiCraft2&hl=en) - This Android game is very similar to the Pocket Edition of Minecraft and is an improved form of MulitCraft. Specifically, this is a fork of Minetest. Therefore, the game is open-source.
- Mythruna (http://mythruna.com/) - This is a role-playing style game that is a lot like Terasology. The game supports Linux, OS X, and Windows. Also, stand-alone server editions are available. This free open-source game is written in Java.
- StarMade (http://star-made.org/) - Science-fiction and space fans will enjoy StarMade which takes place in outer-space. The game supports Linux, OS X, and Windows. There is a free version and a "retail version".
- Survivalcraft (https://kaalus.wordpress.com/ || http://survivalcraftgame.wikia.com/) - Similar to Eden, Survivalcraft is for the Windows Phone (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/survivalcraft/a23292c3-6d76-4a4d-ae7a-7e7379325671). Also, this game works on Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.candyrufusgames.survivalcraft&hl=en) and iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/survivalcraft/id622613679?mt=8). Survivalcraft is proprietary software that people can purchase for a few dollars.
- Terasology (http://terasology.org/) - Terasology is very similar to Minecraft and Minetest, and it is a free and open-source. The game should work on any system that supports Java 7. This includes Linux, OS X, and Windows.
- Total Miner (http://www.totalminer.com/) - This Xbox alternative supports "world sharing". This is a proprietary game that costs a few dollars on the Xbox MarketPlace.
- Worldcrafter (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scs.worldcrafter.main.lite&hl=en || http://worldcrafter-android.blogspot.com/) - If you have an Android device and like 2D games, then Worldcrafter is the Minecraft alternative for you. The game costs a few dollars and is not 3D like other Minecraft alternatives.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)