This topic was published by Darren Hale and viewed 849 times since "". The last page revision was "".
- Topics - 4
Iso's come as LTS Bare ISO's without a browser I believe that should be your choice. Browser is a separate download.
1. Download a suitable ISO either smp or non-smp for non mullti-threading machines.
2. Burn to cd and boot from it into the desktop you have to answer some basic questions about Xorg display and a few other simple questions before booting into a desktop.
3. Choose System/gparted and partition hard drive as EXT2
4. If you wish to grub4dos then set flag for that partition as boot.
5. Mount Installation CD by left clicking on CD icon on the desktop.
6. Select Setup/Puppy Universal Installer
7.Select internal IDE or flash drive which ever you are installing to.
8. Will ask Full or Frugal Install and go from there until finished. By default you will be asked to install grub as bootloader, however grub4dos is available.
If you have a Crash with X-Server and end up at commandline. type xwin to go back to a desktop.
CTRl-ALT-DELETE to get to commandline. Default desktop is ICEwm.
To configure WIFI default in AnitaOS is Frisbee which is Network/Frisbee which is pretty self-explanatory. It supports WPA/WPA2.
Default programs built in for a very basic system are
Xine media player, Avidemux Video Editor, Aumix, Gtkam for digital cameras. No Browser means ISO's last longer and you have browser choice. Browsers are a separate download, choose what matches with your machines abilities.
More wiki info here: http://sourceforge.net/p/anitaos/wiki/browse_pages/